Note: The “TOS” is subject to change at anytime without notice.
Naija Lingo, the site http://naijalingo.com is a Nigerian Pidgin English dictionary that allows unregistered members to look up (search) Nigerian Names, Phrases, slang. Registered members are given the extra privilege to add and rate words, phrases and Names, but naija Lingo is not limited to these services.
Acceptance of TOS-
Upon accessing this site http://naijalingo.com you have automatically agreed to accept the terms listed in this document and you are obliged to comply in order to continue to access the site freely.
Naija Lingo collects session data from users such as Operating Systems, browser and time of login. This information is collected to be able to measure and predict trends on the website to help Naija Lingo create a better experience for the users of this site.
Email addresses are collected only from users who register to be members of the site. . We will not send unsolicited emails to these addresses. These emails will not be sold or give to a third parties, except when we may hire third parties to help us manage our mailing list or used by sister sites owned by the creators of Naija Lingo.
Naija Lingo is the sole owner of all the definitions of the words, names and phrases submitted on Naija Lingo except they are already owned or copyrighted by someone else.
- Naija Lingo is not responsible for monitoring and filtering submissions, understanding and adhering to the guidelines for submission is the responsibility of the user.
- Naija Lingo reserves the right to remove any submission they deem offensive, wrong or in violation of a copyright law without any notice. They also reserve the right to delete/block any account they feel is in violation to any of the terms listed in this document. Naija Lingo is not obligated in anyway to monitor and filter submissions or block user who submit inappropriate materials.
- By using naijalingo.com, you acknowledge that the Site does not moderate content. You further agree that you will appropriately evaluate and accept all risks associated with the use of any content, including critical analysis of the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content.
- Naija Lingo owns all the submissions on the site to the full extent of the law and reserves the right to reproduce the submissions in any form such as electronically or in print. Naija Lingo also has the right to use the submissions or parts of the submissions at their own discretion, with or without including the name of the person that submitted the information.
Code of conduct
Naija Lingo is not intended for all audiences. Visitors who do not consider themselves an appropriate audience for the Site's content should not visit the Site. Users understand that all content found on the Site is the creation and responsibility of the user from which such content originated.
Because Naija Lingo does not exercise absolute control of content posted on the Site, it does not guarantee the accuracy or validity of such content. You, the user, understand that by using the Site, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Should content be found in violation of the User Conduct terms outlined below, appropriate action will be taken or not taken on the sole discretion of Naija Lingo.
You, the user who submits content, agree to accept the conditions governing User Conduct and specifically agree that you will not use the Site to:
1. Allow or encourage usage by others in such a way as to violate the TOS
2. Submit content that is unlawful or invasive of any individual's privacy by including their address, email, phone number, website or other contact information
3. Illegally impersonate any person or entity
4. Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted to the Site
5. Submit any content that you do not have a right to submit
6. Submit any content that infringes any trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of any individual or entity
7. Submit any unauthorized advertising, promotional material, or any other form of solicitation; or, submit any junk mail, spam, chain letters, or pyramid scheme
8. Submit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
9. Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service
10. Stalk or flame another person by submitting content deemed inappropriate
11. Provide information about illegal activities, which promote physical harm or injury to any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals
12. Engage in commercial activities involving Naija Lingo without prior written approval from Naija Lingo
Naija Lingo retains the right to block submissions from a user's email address found to be associated with violation of the letter or spirit of the TOS. If you notice a violation of the TOS, submit a message at "feedback" from the Site's homepage.
Resale of service-
You, the user, agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without express prior written permission from Naija Lingo. However, authors, reviewers, social scientists, jurists or students commenting on the content, operation, functionality or objectives of Naija Lingo may refer to the Service in any manner they choose.
Limit of liability-
You, the user, expressly understand and agree that Naija Lingo shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages or loss of profits or goodwill resulting from the use or lack of use of the Service; for statements or conduct of any user whose submission has been posted on the Site; or, for any other matter relating to the Service. Such discussions dealing with alleged damages shall be held solely between the person asserting that damage has occurred and the individual who created the situation, which allegedly caused damages. Naija Lingo does not take sides in such cases and will not provide any user information in any form without a subpoena from a court having legal jurisdiction.